Outside sales for JACQUET Mid Atlantic
For JACQUET Mid Atlantic (Limerick, PA).
The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for handling all customer communications as well as job quoting, order placement, shipment expediting and claims resolution.
Reports to: CEO
- Plan weekly itineraries and submit to inside sales and designated manager(s).
- Maintain and develop existing customer base & develop a plan for every customer call or visit.
- Sell beyond those people with the purchasing responsibilities. Develop relationships with ownership, engineering, plant manager, quality, estimators, and receptionist/gatekeepers.
- Work based on problem solving with accounts. Ask probing questions to determine the issues and challenges that they face, then analyze and determine how Jacquet can be a part of the solution.
- Find out from customers and prospects alike, what are the traits/characteristics of their best suppliers. Communicate those back to management so that Jacquet can earn a spot as a valuable and trusted supplier.
- Focus on having meaningful dialogue with customers and prospects, not just on making a great presentation.
- Communicate all customer updates and changes to the appropriate Jacquet personnel, generally via email or formal call report.
- Constantly work on new account development. Prospecting, research, qualifying, and cold calling.
- Provide list of all target accounts and prospects to inside sales. When a first time RFQ comes in from a prospect (or a former customer that has not been heard from in the last several months) and discuss a strategy prior to quoting.
- Coordinate with inside sales on who and when quotation follow up should be done, to maximize orders taken.
- Maintain a helpful, responsive, and cooperative spirit with all coworkers/internal customers. Provide your full cooperation on all issues to assist those in inside sales, accounting, operations/production/warehouse, purchasing, quality assurance, corporate offices, etc.
- Assist in accounts receivable collection efforts when directed.
- Keep up to date on industry issues and trends through trade publications, associations, websites, etc.
- Continually monitor competitors, their changes in personnel, equipment, capabilities, etc.
- Constantly maintain a positive and professional image of the Jacquet name. This applies to personal image and appearance, as well as that of a company vehicle.
- Monitor/maintain travel & entertainment expenses at or below 0.50% of sales.
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
College Degree or equivalent preferred in related field
Minimum Previous Experience:
2+ years’ experience in a fast-paced customer service environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
JACQUET Mid Atlantic
500 Keystone Blvd Limerick, PA 19468
T +1 800-925-6985 / +1 484-945-1075
F +1 484-945-1080