The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for handling all customer communications as well as job quoting, order placement, shipment expediting and claims resolution.
Reports to: CEO
- Plan weekly itineraries and submit to inside sales and designated manager(s).
- Maintain and develop existing customer base & develop a plan for every customer call or visit.
- Sell beyond those people with the purchasing responsibilities. Develop relationships with ownership, engineering, plant manager, quality, estimators, and receptionist/gatekeepers.
- Work based on problem solving with accounts. Ask probing questions to determine the issues and challenges that they face, then analyze and determine how Jacquet can be a part of the solution.
- Find out from customers and prospects alike, what are the traits/characteristics of their best suppliers. Communicate those back to management so that Jacquet can earn a spot as a valuable and trusted supplier.
- Focus on having meaningful dialogue with customers and prospects, not just on making a great presentation.
- Communicate all customer updates and changes to the appropriate Jacquet personnel, generally via email or formal call report.
- Constantly work on new account development. Prospecting, research, qualifying, and cold calling.
- Provide list of all target accounts and prospects to inside sales. When a first time RFQ comes in from a prospect (or a former customer that has not been heard from in the last several months) and discuss a strategy prior to quoting.
- Coordinate with inside sales on who and when quotation follow up should be done, to maximize orders taken.
- Maintain a helpful, responsive, and cooperative spirit with all coworkers/internal customers. Provide your full cooperation on all issues to assist those in inside sales, accounting, operations/production/warehouse, purchasing, quality assurance, corporate offices, etc.
- Assist in accounts receivable collection efforts when directed.
- Keep up to date on industry issues and trends through trade publications, associations, websites, etc.
- Continually monitor competitors, their changes in personnel, equipment, capabilities, etc.
- Constantly maintain a positive and professional image of the Jacquet name. This applies to personal image and appearance, as well as that of a company vehicle.
- Monitor/maintain travel & entertainment expenses at or below 0.50% of sales.
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
College Degree or equivalent preferred in related field
Minimum Previous Experience:
2+ years’ experience in a fast-paced customer service environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
JACQUET Mid Atlantic
500 Keystone Blvd Limerick, PA 19468
T +1 800-925-6985 / +1 484-945-1075
F +1 484-945-1080