JACQUET West (Carson, CA) is looking for Plasma Machine Operator.
You are being measured on quality pounds being cut and shipped, which is a function of machine up-time and preventative maintenance, adherence to procedures as well as minimized downtime between runs. The success of the Company depends upon your ability to maximize the use of the equipment.
Take primary responsibility for operation and maintenance of the plasma machine. This includes Production, Quality, accuracy of Production Logs and BT/Travelers. Note: All material is to be inspected before cutting by all who handles it.
Reports to: Shop Supervisor
Job type: Full Time
- Must have the ability to read, interpret, and perform instructions according to Operational policies, and Quality Manual.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly maintenance as needed. Alternating shift schedule will be needed.
- Assist maintenance whenever requested or directed.
- Monitor your machines’ consumables. Report any deficiencies immediately. Special procedure.
- Use plates, rems and programs as specified by Production Control. You are not free to make changes to programs, rems or plates without prior approval.
- You are responsible to cut and remove your scrap.
- Work with QA department on all matters of quality to include quality of cut parts, cutting tolerances, quality statistics and ISO 9000 certification.
- Ensure that safe work practices are maintained always within your work section.
- Must insure that the equipment is functioning correctly, and no safety systems are by-passed. Organize the work area of your machines (Ex: tools put away in an orderly manner).
- Maintain and constantly improve upon the cleanliness of your section. Your work areas should be cleaner at the end of your shift than it was when you arrived.
- Common areas are to kept neat and orderly. Common areas include the production/QA office, aisles, plate and rem storage areas, and the restroom area. • Perform other reasonable tasks as requested by the Operations Manager or the shift supervisor.
- Be a team player. Always pitch in to lend a hand where needed. For example, you may be called upon to be a material handler, a receiver or a shipper on any given day. Or, you may need to assist a co-worker to complete a task that is for the good of the Company.
Minimum Educational Qualifications
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must have Certification or experience and able to be Certified using an Overhead Crane and be able to operate an overhead crane to load and unload the production table.
- Must be able to drive a Forklift and have or have had Forklift Operator Certification.
Minimum Previous Experience
- Experience with ESAB Plasma Cutting machines is a PLUS.
- Minimum Additional Training:
- Must be able to read, understand and measure parts to drawings and specifications.
- Must fill out all documents, and mark plate or bar to insure traceability
- Must be able to do basic arithmetic
- Must be able to work with DXF and CAD files, experience with Sigmanest and IGEMS is a Plus.
- Priority is to run the plasma machines safely, and as much as possible.
- Preventive Maintenance is critical. Breakdown repairs are a top priority.
- Plan for consumables and other equipment needs (such as slats, etc.)
- Communication from shift to shift is very important.
- Must be able to lift 50 lb. - 70 lb. occasionally.
- Must be able to climb steps to the production tables (5 steps).
22400 Lucerne Street